A Product Analyst in the Product Management organization gathers product requirements, eliciting feedback from customers and subject matter experts, and creates designs necessary for development teams. They work closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, and Development as well as with Professional Services, Sales & Marketing, Customer Support, and Training, to collect and coordinate information related to the application, function, features, usage, and support services of PowerPlan products. He/She will have external client interactions, primarily remotely, to obtain validation and input into current development initiatives. This is an exciting opportunity with an opportunity to quickly advance and own a portfolio of products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather product and targeted customer requirements, assist in communicating product vision, and work closely with development organization to create UI mockups, functional designs, product requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria.
- Provide content to create marketing materials such as product slicks/profiles, webinars, presentations, demos, white papers, and product updates.
- Coordinate with QA team to develop specifications to create detailed test cases and analyze results.
- Assist in development of training content for, Professional Services, Sales and Customer Success teams.
- Identify customer needs and market trends and monitor new developments in assigned functional area which may include research on new functional requirements and competitors.
- Triage incoming product-related issues from professional services, support, and other organizations to determine criticality and response.
- Other duties as assigned which might include usability labs, product launch lead and product council participation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business related field- Examples include Accounting, Finance, Economics and Software.
- A minimum 1-2 years of work experience in a product role within an agile environment
- Ability to work with moderate supervision on assigned functions
- Ability to document and communicate complex business processes
- Excellent, effective communication skills, including:
- verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
- ability to engage and successfully interact with internal stakeholders at all levels
- Consulting and relationship-building skills
- Solves problems with high energy, team work, and innovation
- Experience providing product requirements to offshore development teams
- Experience using SCRUM methodology and JIRA software
- Industry/domain knowledge and experience in capital projects, capital budgets, asset management planning, fixed asset accounting and/or business tax software
- Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
- Functional Knowledge: Acquiring and applying functional knowledge in a functional area of specialty.
- Data Gathering & Analysis: Collecting, consolidating, and using relevant information; recognizing important information; tracing possible causes of problems, and searching for practical data/solutions.
We seek talented, creative individuals who are looking for dynamic, challenging and rewarding career opportunities. PowerPlan firmly believes that our employees’ personal success contributes greatly to the continued success of the company, reflected in our growth trajectory. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.