We are looking for a Solution Analyst who will work with our clients to understand their business objectives, priorities, challenges and processes to develop solution recommendations. You will play a critical role in researching problems and delivering results for initiatives that are vital to the success of our customers and the growth of our recurring revenue streams.
We are looking for an outgoing type of person who is confident in front of our clients and a creative problem solver to successfully deliver value to our clients. This person must be highly collaborative, possess an inquisitive spirit, and be able to successfully identify client requirements while managing their expectations. The position requires above average attention to details, concern for the exact correctness of work, and strong commitment to tasks completed on time. The person in this position will take work seriously, has a strong sense of duty, and is disciplined so they can manage the requirements of multiple projects at the same time.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Complete PowerPlan’s AMP Boot Camp: As part of our prescribed on-boarding program, a Solution Analyst will complete an implementation boot camp to gain an understanding of our AMP (Asset Management Plan) software implementation, the PowerPlan data model, and integrated system data flows within the first 2 weeks. This exercise is the basis for the functional and technical knowledge required for this role.
- Facilitate Business Requirements with Clients: Lead the discovery and planning process by facilitating workshops to gather requirements and communicate asset management best practices related to the client’s specific industry needs. The Solution Analyst is expected to guide the client to a successful solution design while encouraging feedback to the design based on the client’s specific asset management practices or goals.
- Complete Database and Software Installation: Within the first 2 weeks, complete a database and AMP software installation that will help develop the necessary SQL and configuration skills while exposing PowerPlan’s underling data model. This is an important aspect of the job to assist in researching large data sets to identify analysis solutions for our clients.
- Manage Tasks to Internal Customer Deadlines: A Solution Analyst must communicate status of tasks clearly to customers and Project Managers and prioritize his/her work to meet the deadlines associated with his/her tasks.
- Documentation: Documentation of client solutions, document requirements in order to set objectives and expectations for the implementation of our solution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate and be highly engaged as part of a project team (including clients, colleagues, other consultants, vendors, etc.) Activities include: contributing to project and tasks plan estimating and development, completion of templates and documentation.
- Complete tasks and activities as assigned by the Project Director/Manager, including acting as the Project Lead, and in accordance with PowerPlan’s methodology. Adhere to, and as required track, project schedules and budgetary constraints; provide early notice of any potential risks or issues with respect to adherence to project schedules or budgets
- Hands-on project execution:
- Plan and facilitate discovery sessions and provide guidance to the client on best practices, using industry knowledge and experience.
- Gather, document and analyze client requirements.
- Develop functional specifications
- Provide guidance to the consultant to create alignment between the application configuration and the approved design
- Assist with the development of use and test cases, as appropriate
- Support client testing and provide defect resolution
- Support application go-live
- Provide knowledge transfer to clients and ensure the client staff are ready to operate the application upon go-live
- Plan and execute effective hand-off to PowerPlan’s Support organization
- Identify client skill or knowledge gaps that might be addressed via PowerPlan’s training organization and/or via an enhanced support model
- Communicate status updates, risks and issues to customers and internal stakeholders as appropriate.
- Address risks and resolve issues relating to implementation; if needed, with assistance/direction from the Project Manager
- Develop application and domain/industry specific expertise, and utilize this knowledge on projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience in physical asset management planning focused on key industries including municipal government, oil and gas, transportation, natural resources, utilities, or energy markets
- Excellent, effective communication skills, including:
- verbal, written, listening and presentation skills
- ability to engage and successfully interact with the client and project team at all levels
- Consulting and client/project team relationship-building skills
- Strong technical background
- Ability to establish oneself as a trusted advisor to client, project team and PowerPlan colleagues
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to adhere to a firm’s methodology
- Skilled in MS Office Suite
- Willingness to travel, on average, up to 75%
- One-three (1-3) years’ experience implementing enterprise software applications in a client-facing consultant role
- Experience in more than one phase of the implementation process
- Experience with utilizing a robust implementation methodology
- History of increasing responsibility or upward progression
- Experience with physical asset management planning including principles identified within PAS55, ISO 55000, IIMM, or other physical asset management frameworks.
- Experience with some of the advanced functions of Excel, including functions, macros, and pivot tables.
- Experience with database environments including Oracle and SQL.
- Process orientation, and ability to analyze and design/build complex processes
- Hands-on experience working on or with asset based capital projects and capital budgets
We seek talented, creative individuals who are looking for dynamic, challenging and rewarding career opportunities. PowerPlan firmly believes that our employees’ personal success contributes greatly to the continued success of the company, reflected in our growth trajectory. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.