This is a great time to join the PowerPlan UX team! Our enterprise-class suite of financial and asset management software products are used by hundreds of companies throughout the US and around the world. Building on our past successes and industry-leading position, we have recently begun investing in the redesign and redevelopment of our products using the latest design approaches and software technologies. As a critical member of our growing team, you will be well positioned to make a real impact and help to shape the future of our products.
Responsibilities include leading UX research activities, collaboration with the Product and Development teams to provide industry leading design solutions, and playing a critical role in gathering requirements and presenting recommendations for solutions that are vital for the future growth of our company.
We are looking for a roll-up-the-sleeves person who can operate tactically to drive designs, while also thinking strategically to successfully position our software as an industry leader. This person must be highly collaborative, possess an inquisitive spirit, and be able to successfully manage ambiguity and frequently changing priorities. This position will have visibility and interaction with strategic clients and internal leaders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead UX Research Activities: Lead interviews and facilitate workshops to understand business objectives, pain points, and priorities. Frequent communication will be needed with external and internal customers to receive feedback and business understanding on UX designs. Responsible for self-delegated interactions with customers through many medium including phone calls, on-site visits, usability tests, surveys and ethnographic research with customers.
- Develop and Communicate Recommendations: Synthesize business requirements, technical considerations and other inputs with your own research into specific UX/UI recommendations andpresent to team members. Will require the ability to be skilled in creating and using wireframes, site maps, personas, user flows, journey maps, and prototypes.
- Effectively Collaborate with a Team: This role requires daily interaction, frequent communication, and design/research iteration with UX team members, Product Managers, Product Marketing, Customer Support, Customer Success, Solution Consulting, Professional Services, and the Development team to identify, plan and perform UX Research activities.
- Active Engagement: The work environment contains fluidity, a need for active listening, and agility to shift based on updated priorities with a positive attitude.
- Champion UX Design Culture: Expectations will include presenting the idea of customer centered design and promoting UX Design based on our personas for all employees. Innovation is a high priority and looking for continuous UX Design improvements.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- A desire to help customers achieve their business goals
- An empathetic nature; curiosity for complex things and complex people - you love to ask "Why?"
- Great communication skills in English (other languages a bonus) - both verbal and written
- Comfortable being in a customer-facing role, breaking the ice and communicating with customers on a regular basis
- Experience with tools such as Atlassian Jira & Confluence, UXPin, Axure, Omnigraffle, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design, Psychology, Cognitive Science, Computer Science or related
- 3+ years experience doing UX Research and Usability Testing for software products
- A portfolio of work and stories demonstrating how you've helped to create great UX for software products
- A passion for thoughtfully-designed products that people love to use
We seek talented, creative individuals who are looking for dynamic, challenging and rewarding career opportunities. PowerPlan firmly believes that our employees’ personal success contributes greatly to the continued success of the company, reflected in our growth trajectory. We offer competitive pay and a generous benefits package.
To be considered, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.