ON A SCALE FROM 1 TO 10,
HOW CONFIDENT ARE YOU
IN YOUR ASSET DATA?
To optimize financial performance, asset-intensive companies need to make their operations as efficient as possible. Critical projects need to be prioritized and managed effectively to come in on time and on budget. Field personnel need to be able to focus on driving financial profitability, instead of performing time-consuming tasks like data entry. However, traditional methods weren’t built to provide the complete view of assets you need today, making it difficult to achieve operational and planning objectives. All too often, inaccuracies and redundancies result in poorly managed projects that come in over budget.
PowerPlan seamlessly integrates with your existing systems to give key decision makers real-time access to accurate and detailed cost information. It lets you weigh the pros and cons of “what-if” scenarios to more thoroughly inform budgets and project priorities. It quickly translates work order information into asset detail that automatically flows to accounting. And it allows the field to focus on their jobs, instead of keeping track of complex accounting codes or asset types. As a result, you’ll be able to make better strategic decisions that optimize operations and financial performance.
VP Engineering and VP Operations
Your job is to manage your company’s processes and systems to keep operations and projects moving forward as efficiently, reliably and cost-effectively as possible. You need a clear view of accurate data from across the organization in order to prioritize projects and make strategic decisions. However, current methods can create more confusion than clarity. Inaccuracies and redundancies in budgeting, forecasting, authorizations, work orders and work requests can drive poor decision-making. The field can make errors, costing your company time and money. And without real-time, accurate data, the wrong projects can get priority, or you can struggle to bring projects in on time and on budget.
PowerPlan provides real-time access to the accurate and detailed cost information you need to make better strategic decisions and drive a culture of cost management. With PowerPlan, you can consider budgets for the next 100 years to determine the optimal schedule for executing projects based on multiple variables, including project cost, benefit, risk, and strategic alignment.
You’re responsible for making sure projects stay within parameters. Your goal is to establish confidence in planning decisions and enable defensible decision-making by building a sustainable system for budgeting. That’s easier said than done. When projects are funded by multiple, separate budgets, it’s hard to get a holistic picture of all costs and variances, or even objectively assess and justify which projects deserve priority. Projects can span multiple years, and tracking them according to the calendar year, or with multiple systems, makes it difficult to see the full picture, or weigh one project against the other. The result? Projects aren’t well managed and come in over budget. Or key projects don’t get the funding they deserve because decision makers don’t have a systematic way to approach planning and budgeting.
PowerPlan gives everyone in your organization a clear line of sight into the capital plan, projects and corresponding budgets. It lets decision makers weigh the pros and cons of “what-if” scenarios to more thoroughly inform budgets and project priorities. It systematizes the way decisions are made by giving everyone an informed way to budget and plan, and provides real-time access to accurate and detailed cost information. It lets you track budgets according to the project schedule, not the current calendar year, so you get a holistic view of costs and how they impact the bottom line. PowerPlan also lets you roll up project budgets from across the organization, providing a consolidated view of costs and variances. You can consider budgets for the next 100 years to determine the optimal schedule for executing projects based on multiple variables, including project cost, benefit, risk and strategic alignment.
Your job is to keep your company’s projects organized so that they come in on time and on budget. You want to be as efficient as possible, but traditional data entry is painfully slow and can get in the way of managing projects. You need to know what’s being spent, but there can be inaccuracies and redundancies when it comes to budgeting, forecasting, authorizations, work orders and work requests. As a result, you can be left in the uncomfortable position of having to make accounting decisions without all the information you need, and projects can come in over budget.
PowerPlan streamlines the process. It provides the real-time access to the accurate and detailed cost information you need to manage costs and guide operational decision-making. You can easily see what has been budgeted, what has been committed and what has been spent. PowerPlan also allows the field to organize work orders based on operational tasks rather than fixed accounting strings or multiple entries, making data entry far less time consuming.
PowerPlan Suites for Operations and Engineering
Built on a powerful strategic corporate performance management platform that integrates with existing ERP and EAM systems, PowerPlan tracks critical financial data in extreme detail to give you the clarity you need to make confident decisions. Solution suites specific to your department include:
- Asset Investment Planning and Management Suite: A powerful decision support tool that gives you a clear line of sight between your capital plan and strategic corporate objectives.
- Project Portfolio Cost Management Suite: Gain better control over your project costs by automating previously tedious tasks, reducing data entry errors and automatically staying up-to-date on project closes and new asset creation.
- Capital Planning and Forecasting Suite: Get better insight into capital, operations and maintenance projects and the data to drive smarter, more confident future project plans.
- Lease Accounting Suite: Complete lifecycle accounting for all capital and operating leases in a central repository that serves as a foundation for reporting on lease inventories.
- Rate Case and ROE Management Suite: Proactively manage complex rate case processes with more time to react to business changes and make adjustments through fast and accurate insight into regulatory financials.
- Property Tax Suite: Automate manual processes, track all transactions for real-time reconciliation of the book and tax value, and easily run scenarios to improve strategic decision making.
- Income Tax Suite: Automate manual processes related to income tax filings, track all financial transactions, and easily run scenarios to improve strategic decision making.
- Fixed Assets Suite: A flexible, robust solution that tracks and integrates all asset data from creation to retirement to give you a complete picture of your organization’s asset health.
- Insights Reporting and Analytics Suite: Spend less time collecting and formatting critical financial data and more time gaining actionable insights for faster and more confident decision-making.